Friday, August 4, 2017

Freedom!



Freedom 12-6-15
6:41
On this cold night and I can't sleep I decided to watch Les Miserables. It's a very
intense times Ive seen it about 6 times, actually make that 7. I forgot I watched
it on the way home two years ago when I toured with my company back east in NY. Everyone
in the plane around me was checking me out, I could not stop crying to save my life.
It's one of those heart wrenching stories it is so beautiful. Redemption, forgienes,
justice, mercy, kindness, love. It's really a great film, watch it, or read it.
Isn't it Victor Hugo who wrote that? I could be wrong. Read it.
And a lot of people really don't understand what this film is about. It is about
God moving through us to show love and mercy and there are many other themes but
that is one of the biggest ones. It's about an uprising and a revolution, common
folk became warriors to fight for what they love. They didn't want to be controlled
any more. When watching this film, I'm realizing something, our heart beat strong and
loud, our hearts desire to know truth we really do. I just want to reach out to you
and encourage you.
God can use many things to open doors to open our hearts. He can use films, songs,
dances, other people, a kind heart, a smile. Be wise. Be like Jean Val Jean and
don't push away that person. Because I don't know if you know the gravity of all this.
You know where I'm coming from . The thing is, we could be the ones tying a noose
around our necks and not even realize it. I almost did it, I almost pushed away my
husband. But I didn't. On February 10 quite a few years ago, I found my true love.
I found it in my husband, I found it in my Lord and Savior. He was there for me
every step of the way. Every February 10 is more than just an anniversary for my
wedding day. It is truly when I became the bride for the Lord. And I gave my heart
to and I surrundered my callousness, my bitterness, my hate, my envy, my jealousy,
my pain, my fears, my insecurities, I laid it all at the foot of the cross. And
before I said I do to Kristopher I said I do to the Lord. And it's such a sweet soft
knocking on my heart. Just like a soft knock on the door and I said hi.
It's really kinda dopey sounding. I didn't have a very climactic transformation at all.
Leading up to it was anothe story, car accident that almost killed my mom. It was
pretty traumatic all the events leading up to it. But my salvation day was so beautiful,
and soft and gentle. Just beauty and peace. So I had two fathers who led me down the
aisle. Ive had many dads. The two that were there: One was my biological father. THe other
one was my step dad. He was a Jewish man, he was something else. ANd they both led me
down the ailse and they both held my hands. And then they gave my hands to the preacher.
And then they gave my hands to my husband. But more importantly, my husband gave my
hand and he said, "You have my hand, take my hand, now take the Lord's." And I took the
Lord's hand. It was a beautiful day. I want you to know it takes a lot of courage to
take that step. That step into freedom, but once you do, you will breathe like you have
never breathed before. All that crustiness around your heart will fall away.
Oh sure you'll remember the things of old. It just won't hurt as much. And sure you'll still
have those scars, but you know what you can be healed, you can be whole. YOu can then show
off your scars. Take those skeletons out of your closet and make them dance, that's what
I do. YOu'll no longer feel shame, you'll no longer feel the need to impose that upon
other people. You can be friends with God and reconsiled. So I encourage you, go ahead
watch or read Les Miserables. And just open your heart.
"And to love another person is to see the face of God." Quoted from the film: Les Miserables.

No comments:

Post a Comment