Monday, November 27, 2017

In The Beginning...

In The Beginning...
A tale about the challenges starting a company. Dreamers & Movers & Shakers, This one's for you!
A re-telling by Noelle Andressen | Edited & Reported
by G. Blythe Copyright February 23, 2017


Small business owners, you've been there, staring at a shop store front or gazing on line at someone else's business and successful empire. You have it in you to go the distance but sometimes taking the first steps can be daunting and down right scary on its own, no one needs negativity on top of it. For all you starter - uppers and freelancers that didn't have support from your friends and family in the beginning, here's some encouragement to help gird you up along your way. 


"Not all my friends and family were supportive at first with any of the businesses I've had. I had to convince them that I could be successful. Getting their help at times was either non-existent or lackadaisical. To go it alone can be a very lonely road but once they came around they did help in the following ways:

Let's just talk about: Rubans Rouges Dance since it's one of my more recent business ventures. This company is my business and my child in a sense. I feed it, I nurture it, I help it grow. It was always and will always be hard work. Once my family believed in me and they saw that I didn't give up, they would buy tickets to our shows, share our events on facebook. They took pride in what I was doing.


Financially, we did a lot of crowd funding like: Indie Gogo and Kickstarter fundraisers: My two brothers donated to help me raise funds to produce our first major dance festival and dance concert in Los Angeles. While this doesn't work for everyone, it did at first for us. Be forewarned though, it's usually a one-off. You must look elsewhere for support.

There were times though that: Familiarity bred contempt. It  seemed to be the theme in the beginning trying to gain support and clients from friends and family. However, it made me more successful having to "go it alone" for the most part. My friends and family became more supportive after my success grew. While it was heartbreaking to not get the initial support, I understand looking back that I had to make them believers in my quest; and I did. Once I believed in me they believed in me.

Please share this article.

Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Facebook
Follow Noelle Rose Andressen on Facebook
Watch our videos on YouTube


You may share this article or the video by means of sharing the link or quoting portions of this written expression citing Noelle Rose Andressen as the author. You do not have permission to glean from this content to create your own. If you the reader, should find portions of any of our written, digital, visual, audio expressions in/on other people's blog, videos, or contect, please notify us immediately. Thank you for all our supporters who have flagged copyright infringement of our content. Copyright 1989-2017 All rights reserved. Thank you for respecting artistic expression and ownership. 

No comments:

Post a Comment