Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Hair
by Noelle Rose Andressen-Kale

I've been wanting to do a fun entry for a while now. So this one is all about hair and the fun hairstyles I've come up with. Some new, some old, some just for fun.

Up Dos

I love to experiment and do different styles for dance class whether teaching or taking it. For performances I've often spent hours 
in the bathroom or in front of a vanity playing with the hair and creating whatever came to mind. This one is a fun 3 bun styled hair design with stick pin accents. I gathered my hair in 3 pony tails, braided them then coiled them into 3 buns. I think next time I'll do away with the fly-aways, but you get the idea. We've used this for a few of our dance pieces.



This next up style is a wrapped style with embellishments. I twisted it from the crown of my head starting from the center part one twist on either side and then coiled in a low bun. I used real baby's breath and one of my combs to accent it. Ballet class or performance this style is a fun one that takes a bit of time. 

This one was a challenge and took an hour. I sectioned off 8 sections of hair around the crown then used clear elastic to hold each one in place close to the scalp. I then used a basket weave effect and branched it towards the back of my head. I then created a low sloppy bun at the base of the neck and there you have it. 


This style looks good down too:



Fun Pull Back Styles
The next two are similar in that it's the same idea with sections and pony tails. This top one I left my natural curly hair stay that way and created a breezy but fun loose look. I pulled my hair back from the temples to the back and secured it with a band. I went 2.5 inches down my hair and picked up another section of hair much like you do when French braiding but instead of braiding you're just gathering and tying a knot in a sense beneath the clump gathered. I did it one more time at the nape of the neck and let the rest hang loose. If you have very long hair you can continue this as far down as you'd like. I added a rosette on the side for some accent fun.


This next style I brushed my curls out best I could, it usually just bushes out and the fly-aways go crazy. I made a ponytail and banded it at the base and flipped the tail towards the head and under the band to create that roll effect. I then did the same procedure as above only it's completely gathered and not just sections. When I made 3 bulbs I then used a rat tail comb and puckered them out some more and made this fun summer look.


Most of these designs came from boredom or a need to create styles for our dance pieces. Have fun with them like we did and share your pics with us so we can give you a shout out. Just please don't copy my dances, costumes, hair, makeup and make your versions of my dances or make youtube videos or any videos using my designs, it's basically theft then. We sue for this. Other than that, beautifuls & beloveds, enjoy your lives.


Side braids, headband. Enough said.





No comments:

Post a Comment